Stressed out by COVID-19? We want to help support you through these challenging times, so we created this special Employee Well-Being Toolkit page. Check back regularly for the latest wellness offerings, tips for reducing stress, KP resources, and creative ways to stay well at work and home. Have an idea or feedback for us? Send us an email at Employee-Wellness-SSC@kp.org. Stay well!
- KP Mindfulness Resources to help you to maintain your well-being during these uncertain, stressful times.
- KP.org Wellness Resources – Self Care Tools, Tips & Activities to promote better sleep, keep you moving and stay healthy.
- Employee and Physician Assistance Program (EAP) Services – Individual sessions can be done virtually with a video or telephone visit.
- Working remotely tips, resources and policies from KP myhr
- Rise & Renew resources and tips to support your emotional well-being while our way to recovery
Meditation & Stress Reduction
- With KP MindfulHub, get live and on-demand mindfulness practice and more
- Calm App available free to Kaiser Permanente members
- myStrength app to improve your awareness and help you to adopt the changes of life
- Ten Percent Happier -Use gift code HEALTHCARE to get six month free access in the app. Review instructions on how to register for the app
- Greater Good Magazine – Science based insights for a meaningful life
- Learn how to spread Kindness with ideas form the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
- Practice One Moment meditation in your day-to-day work
- The VA’s COVID Coach app was created for everyone, including Veterans and Service members, to support self-care and overall mental health during the pandemic
- Try this body scan meditation technique presented by Dr. Rajiv Misquitta, Medical Director, Lifestyle Medicine, South Sacramento.
Wellness At Work
KP Thrive Walking Paths
Walking may be one of the most beneficial activities you can do for yourself. Even taking a short stroll can boost your immune system, increase energy level, burn calories and to improve your mood.
Learn about the benefits of walking.
On your next break, take a stroll on one of our THRIVE walking paths located at each facility.
Stretch & Strengthening In Your Workspace
Stretching is a great activity and takes very little time. Stretching on a regular basis may reduce muscle tension, increase range of movement in the joints, increase circulation of the blood throughout the body and decrease your risk of injuries.
Try these stretch and strengthening exercises in your office, before work or at home.
Whether working from home or in the office try these Quick yoga stretches as demonstrated by Dr. Rajiv Misquitta, Medical Director of Lifestyle Medicine.
Fitness Apps & Websites
There are many more out there, so do some research and choose one that works for you.
- J&J Official 7 Minute workout
- Pocket Yoga – for $2.99 you can get full yoga classes anywhere, anytime
- Class Pass makes it easier for you to exercise from home. You can get 4,000+ on-demand video workouts at no cost and reduced rates on livestream and in-person fitness classes. Sign in with your kp.org log-in to get access.
- Get Healthy U tv
- Daily Burn – 30 day free trail
Exercise At Home
- Play work-out program for kids and adults – great activity to do together with your children
- Home Exercise Guidelines – Developed by KP SSC Lifestyle Medicine and Rehabilitation Services
- Use these training programs to prepare for your next virtual race
- Get a great workout in minutes with these High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) programs
Healthy Cooking & Recipes
Cooking is not only healthy, for some it’s a great way to relax and may help you save you money. Check out this websites to find recipes, cooking & food safety tips and videos.
- KP Food for Health – healthy recipes and tips
- Get meal ideas using the SuperCook recipe generator
- Cooking classes presented by TASTEMADE
- Whole Food Plant-Based Recipes – Compiled by KP Department of Lifestyle Medicine – South Sacramento
- Learn Knife skills to enhance your cooking experience with Dr. Rajiv Misquitta. Medical Director. Lifestyle Medicine. Kaiser South Sacramento.
Fun Stuff To Do At Home
- A home garden provides you and your family healthy food, is fun to do, and support emotional wellbeing. Get resources and tips for set up or maintaining a home garden from UCCE Master Gardeners of Sacramento County and follow this Sacramento Vegetable Planting Schedule.
- Free online music lessons
- Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals
- Explore the amazing sea life live at the Monterey Aquarium
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
- Build puzzles with your family – online and traditional
- Get creative with your kids with these fun art & crafts activities
- Learn the Joy of Painting with the Bob Ross
Partner with a Wellness Coach
Kaiser Permanente offers free coaching to help you quit smoking, with weight management, healthy eating, stress reduction, increasing physical activity and healthy sleep.
- 2021 Health Eating Recipe Book
- Child Care Resources
- Exercise at Home
- Fitness & Yoga Mobile Apps
- Fitness Websites
- Fun Stuff to Do At Home
- Healthy Cooking & Recipes
- Healthy Sleep Challenge
- KP Resources
- Mask Wearing Tips
- Meditation & Stress Reduction
- Partner with a Wellness Coach
- Respite Areas
- Well-Being Tips
- Wellness at Work